Sid Fleischman was no newcomer to adventure and mystery when he first began to write as A. S. Fleischman in the late 1940’s. He began professional life as a vaudeville magician and adventured around the far east in the U.S. Navy during World War II. A novelist, screenwriter and playwright, he is notable as well as a Newbery prize winning author of children's books. Sid lived in Santa Monica, California, and passed away there in 2010.
- Shanghai Flame / Counterspy Express
- Two novels of exotic adventure and intrigue from the 1950s. "[Fleischman] doesn't waste any time dropping the reader right into the middle of the action... highly recommended." –James Reasoner, Rough Edges. Introduction by George Kelley. December 2016.
- The Sun-Worshipers / Yellowleg
- A never-before-published mystery by Sid Fleischman set in the Southern California desert, and a story of western vengeance which Sam Peckinpah filmed as The Deadly Companions in 1961. Includes an interview the author conducted with Gary Lovisi for Paperback Parade and a new introduction by the author's son, Paul Fleischman.
- Danger in Paradise / Malay Woman
- Two south sea, cinematic adventure thrillers, with a new introduction by the author.
“Filled with a colorful cast of characters and wonderful noir dialog.” Michael Cart, Booklist
- Look Behind You, Lady / The Venetian Blonde
- “Action and excitement in exotic locations were his specialties, and the two novels in this new Stark House volume are top-notch examples, not to be missed.” Bill Crider. Includes an introduction by Steve Lewis as well as the author himself!
- This book is now available for your Kindle from Amazon.com and for your Nook at BN.com